Don't think that was even a thought in my head when I got here. Actually I know it wasn't. There's never been any 'I can't wait to get home' for me, let alone how long it'd be before I got there, the whole time I've been here.
[Pentaps of debating what else to say in public, given recent tree shenanigans]
[He'll be behind the bar if anyone wants him, sipping on a drink.]
[His handwriting's pretty messy since it still hurts to write.]
Here's a tip for all you new kids - don't ever leave your journal behind. Ever ever. Or you may get lost in the Wilderness alone for 3 weeks (or more!) with no way to ask for help and no way out.
And if you do, then all you can do is hope the Adventurers do their job - and they do; try thanking 'em sometime - 'cuz it'll have to be one of them who drags your sorry ass back out of there.
[Not that he's bitter about the experience, of course not. He's been here long enough to know better and not make these mistakes, you know.]
[A chair's legs are coming up & down off the floor, the sound of tape-wrap coming off the roll can be heard, and the definite rustling of clothing alongside two men shouting]
That hurts, dickwad! Wrap with goddamn care! [This is Smoke's voice, loud and clear]This is nothin'! Deal with it! I already said
-- now, now
-- should do it an' not me! [This is a young adult male's voice, some would recognize as an older Meatbun. The green is clearly not his voice, but an older man Smoke's age.]
Hell no!! The monkey makes the wounds, the monkey fixes
the wounds!Aw, c'mon. I didn't hurt you that--
THREE RIBS! YOU BROKE THREE RIBS!
That a big frickin' deal! [Smoke's voice definitely got louder & angrier there]I said I'm sorry. [Meatbun/Goku is grumbling a little]Bah!
I want you to think
about what you did. [Smoke is being snide here]
First you go on a rampage, then you sleep while the rest of us're hurt--I'm sorry. ... ... I'm really, really sorry. [The sadness and frustration was much more evident in Meatbun/Goku's voice that time]
... *sigh* [Then comes the sound of someone being forcibly yanked closer]WHA?!
Moron. Ease up, okay? [Smoke's voice is suddenly much softer and empathetic... almost brotherly]
What you did wasn't wrong. Remember that. It was the only way for us to beat Kougaiji. And hey, it turned out all right. Right? [This is accompanied by a hair ruffle. The red voice sounds like a shout during combat, and not Smoke/Gojyo's voice]Uh... mm. I still don't remember it. Or I don't remember things, anyway. [Meatbun/Goku sounds like he's both horrified and yet blaming himself] But I remember my hands. I was really tryin' to kill. An' I wasn't just after Kougaiji either. I was gonna kill you. An' -- now, now. An' ... -- just die -- even. [The green is the same voice as earlier, while the purple sounds like Moon. Meatbun/Goku is verging into sad tones in his voice now] That's why I ... I ...*THWOCK!!* [It's the sound of something heavy impacting a human skull]ERK. WHAT TH' HELL, -- geez ow -- ?! [Meatbun/Goku sounds like he did at the beginning now. The black voice sounds like Smoke.]
Quit underestimating us, you little snot. [Smoke's voice is firm and retaliatory, like he was just seriously insulted]
Do you really think we suck so hard that you
could kill us? First off - cut your disgusting little apology for killing me. Open your eyes. I look dead to you? [Sarcasm and 'tough love' enter his voice now]
You couldn't kill me when you tried. Too. Bad.[There's the sound of a door opening and Smoke's tone visibly shifts to the comic-charmer]
'Sides, I'm already planning on dying with a beauty on top of me. I'd never let someone as stupid as you kill me.That hurt, you perverted kappa! Eat this![The memory fades out to the sound of wry laughter from West/Hakkai] Ah ha ha... [It's clear now that it was his admonishments from twice earlier][Added when the radio crackled-laughter fades away]
... Well that's a relief.
[[OOC: Memory comes from Volume 6, Chapter 34: Always -- on Mangafox this is Page 11
through Page 16
. The dialogue is mostly taken from the official Tokypop books, as opposed to Mangafox.]]
Alright so since Axel's counted the money and divided it up, I get to do the writing as he tells me who won & the amount and all that good fun stuff. We also wanted to thank everyone who participated -- we noticed a lot of newborns bidding, so thanks for sharing what you could! Here's the breakdown!( OOC cut to save your f-lists, not ICCollapse )
So that means 8,266 coins & wall murals (Edensphere maps) for the Hatchery for newborn stuff, 4,960 coins towards bridge repair & all that, & 3,306 coins for the Watch!
Feel free to use this space to arrange times & dates for your little get-togethers~ Whether you're looking for a friend or a "friend," just remember to have fun! New Year's is about new chances & all, right? ♥[[OOC: Hopefully we got all that right - IM/e-mail/PM/plurk me if you think something's not accurate! For posterity, I'm noting that all of the prank bids were made with the permission of the player of the character who "won" the bid, so have fun with that! XD ]]
Did I miss the part of the party with sticky confetti? Because I keep trying to throw this little red piece away and it always manages to cling to my finger or pants or something so I can't. Thought it was time for a new lighter cuz the confetti piece wouldn't burn, but my cigs all light fine, so I dunno what's up.
On that note - thanks for my birthday present, bro. Should last me... awhile. Do I get to keep the bag? Did you make it?
Forgot, for the new kids - hi, name's Smoke, one of the Guards.
- Tags:! edensphere - journal entry, !c1: amurui (senri), !c4: chivalry (sanji), !c: above (janine farehouse), !c: peachblossom (keladry), !c: rain (susumu), !c: sniper (usopp), birthday/cocoonday same diff, modern is relative, new forms of crazy, plot requires thinking derp
[[The writing comes slowly and every few words come out a little shaky]]
I'll say this muc
h: I actually like the
outfit this time.But
that still doesn't excuse
This better as heck
go away by my birthday
, or I'm gonna find
a couple of you jerks
to beat senseless
send to the shadow realm
into the next life
... you get the
These headaches aren't going
away. Can Medical fix
those?[[OOC: Smoke is now decked out in classic studded leather courtesy of Rob Halford of Judas Priest with fringed leather jacket included]]
- Tags:! edensphere - journal entry, !c1: amurui (senri), !c2: juliet (grell), !c4: chivalry (sanji), !c: cephiro (clef), !c: cloud (ginko), !c: flame (presea), !es event - 4kids, !es event - rock around the tree, birthday/cocoonday same diff, fashion failure, in desperate need of cigs, less than perfect handwriting, modern is relative, new forms of crazy, not fun, withdrawal is a b!tch, working out aggressions
So many people's faces... If you wanted to make portraits, now's the time, Kurayami. Just head out to the park and take a glance at all the food.
Looks like someone still thinks we need a reminder of how often people come and go in this place. Or just likes twisting a knife, who knows in this place.
Oi Rain - my Thursday night's unexpectedly free thanks to the elevator. You still up for that?
[[OOC: This entry would have gone up around 10AM, for all you newbie characters who may have needed a reason to check out the BBQ before it disappears tomorrow~ ♥]]
- Tags:! edensphere - journal entry, !c3: kurayami (reki), !c7: lin (soi fon), !c: bell (kakashi), !c: flame (presea), !c: hawk (kouei), !c: krile // cara, !c: rain (susumu), bonds of friendship, life is for the living so live it up, new forms of crazy, why does the sphere hate us?
[[I was away all day bawww so we'll say that Smoke is only finally coherent enough to write in the journal and hasn't read Lin's entry yet /braces for hate. He saw Lotus' entry and immediately went to the park with Aniki in tow and found Amurui, with player permission from both~]]
[the handwriting is chicken-scratchy, reminiscent of Smoke's earliest entries]
Amurui's stuck in some kind of clear cocoon thing. I didn't see what happened.
Aniki and I'll be here in the park until it hatches.
- Tags:! edensphere - journal entry, !c2: kagerou (orihime), !c2: lea (axel), !c3: cissus (echo), !c3: nova (hikaru), !c3: stellaris (anew), !c: cloud (ginko), !c: huo (zhuge liang), !c: king (lelouch), !c: krile // cara, !c: peachblossom (keladry), bonds of friendship, in desperate need of cigs, less than perfect handwriting, new forms of crazy, not fun, sorry bro
Word to the wise: do not feed green paste to a
rappig. Results may involve an angry brother and an angrier pet.
However, the "sushi" it comes with is a-okay. Actually just the right size to toss into Suzy's mouth one after the other. Please do
rappig -- might make him forget he's
[bubble]-ed at me. [Bubble]-ed.
REALLY TICKED OFF at me.[[OOC: This will appear in log form shortly because clearly Suzy is awesome lols. Smoke is hiding out near the Taiko Drummers but like hell he's going to announce that where Aniki can read it. Feel free to comment if you'd like your character to find Smoke hiding out, tho! XD;; He's hoping the loud noises keep Suzy (and thus Aniki) away.
Edit for clarity: Smoke's not actually going to leave the Wilderness without Aniki, knowing the Wilderness
eats has a tendency to get people lost when they're alone. So the offer to 'find' Smoke is just to say hi and chit-chat for a bit, then possibly leave together with Aniki.]]
- Tags:! edensphere - journal entry, !c2: juliet (grell), !c2: lea (axel), !es event - no swearing, !es wilderness - japanese festival, bonds of friendship, damnit aniki, it's the little things in life, modern is relative, new forms of crazy, pet problems, sorry bro, suzy rampage, z2: aniki (ganju), z: snake (ichimaru gin)
YOU DIDN'T TELL ME IT WAS A PIG!
[[OOC: Aniki brought home their new pet this morning and left it in his room before going to work, all while Smoke was asleep. When they 'met' the rappig the first time at Apple's shelter, Smoke was blind XD;; ]]
... oh hell yes. Life is sweet again.
Hey - all you folks who said they'd spar with me. I'm heading to the bridge between Melee Island and Crystala. I'm in the mood to exercise my shakujou*
- it's been long enough, since the day after I got back!
If you want we'll just spar at the dojo - if you're in the mood for a real
challenge we'll head to Crystala. Yes I'm going tonight. I've been cooped up too long. I'll go back tomorrow too - since I know some
people are already asleep.
[[OOC Edit: The log to join this fun is now posted!
]][[*OOC: What Smoke calls his weapon. It's much more complex than a staff, but that tells you the kind of person he is when it comes to complex names. ♥ Smoke's still used to going to bed between 3AM and 4AM, then waking up at 10AM or later XD ]]
- Tags:! edensphere - journal entry, !c1: amurui (senri), !c2: juliet (grell), !c2: lea (axel), !c3: nova (hikaru), !c3: stellaris (anew), calling all punks, hell yes let's go break shit!, it's the little things in life, life is for the living so live it up, new forms of crazy, working out aggressions, z: snake (ichimaru gin), z: spear (freya)
Okay, I get it. The sphere gets its jollies off by watching a bunch of guys flail around because we've got new parts to deal with. So why the hell didn't it go all the way with mine? This is part of the punishment isn't it?
... Sorry for whatever you saw, bro. Hope the scarring's not permanent.
I'm uh... gonna try to see if I can go to work today... if any of my clothes fit... how the fuck do you even walk like this...[[OOC: Smoke has been changed into his canonmate The Merciful Goddess / Kanzeon Bosatsu - who in the original manga version is a hermaphrodite. At least he doesn't know what a goddess' powers are? All replies will come from holy_androgyny]]
- Tags:! edensphere - journal entry, !c1: amurui (senri), !c2: kagerou (orihime), !c3: gene-1 (lyle), !c7: lin (soi fon), !c: book (jiraiya), !c: huo (zhuge liang), !c: paladin (cecil), fashion failure, in desperate need of cigs, less than perfect handwriting, new forms of crazy, not fun, sorry bro, why does the sphere hate us?, working out aggressions, z2: aniki (ganju), z: asuka (hinamori), z: ghost (jack landors)
Heyhey Edensphere - miss me?
For those who don't recognize my handwriting (or those I've never met), my name is Smoke. I... got lost for awhile, but I'm back now, and I'm really glad to be
home ... around friends again.
I'm feeling the muscle cramps from being shut up inside those gooey messes for so long. So! Anyone been looking for a sparring partner? I need work on close-range and long-range both.
Because I can think of a few people who will want to kick my ass.
Oh also - When you figure out how to use your journal, Special-kun, let me know?
- Tags:! edensphere - journal entry, !c2: grift (thomas evans), !c2: juliet (grell), !c2: kagerou (orihime), !c2: lea (axel), !c3: gene-1 (lyle), !c3: kazahana (rukia), !c3: nova (hikaru), !c3: stellaris (anew), !c3: toushi (ichigo), !c4: gai // youth, !c5: moon (sanzo), !c7: lin (soi fon), !c: bell (kakashi), !c: castor (shinjiro), !c: cloud (ginko), !c: krile // cara, !c: peachblossom (keladry), !c: sumi (nanao), bonds of friendship, less than perfect handwriting, life is for the living so live it up, new forms of crazy, triumphant return, worrywart kappa, z: ghost (jack landors)